August 30, 2017 by davidbjornson
Which Type of Lawyer Is Right For Your Case?
An ideal lawyer will not just have a string of impressive credentials or gold lettering on his own door. He or she will not only be caring, concerned but will also be tirelessly devoted to their work. You need to think carefully before trusting a lawyer because your life, future, money, and properties will depend on that person’s hands.
Many people do not realize that there are different types of lawyers. While some can do more than one form of legal work, it is usually best to find an attorney who specializes in many sorts of cases. Here are the most common types of lawyers:
1. Family Lawyers: Issues of concern involve divorce, marriage, prenuptial agreements, adoption, custody, wills, trusts and probate issues.
2. Civil Lawyers: Cases deal with individuals and their rights. These lawyers only handle civil matters because civil law is very specific and requires careful study.
3. Corporate Lawyers: Work is done on behalf of corporations to contracts, agreements, and customer complaints.
4. Real Estate Lawyers: Realtors and buyers often need representation to ensure the proper sale of homes and property. These attorneys can also be called upon to assist in setting up trusts that include large amounts of property.
5. Criminal Lawyers: These attorneys deal with criminal charges and can be either on the side of the prosecution or of the defense. This sort of attorney typically deals with the criminal law only, as it is a very specialized field.